The Business Manager is one of Facebook’s surprisingly little-known offerings. Given how much simpler it makes managing your Facebook company accounts though, it really shouldn’t be. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, read on!
1. What is the Business Manager?
The business manager is a free tool which allows you to manage multiple accounts, including Facebook fan pages and advertising campaigns, from one central location.
2. How does it work?
Well, from the business manager you can monitor all the various campaigns and pages relating to your business.
- Check in on your fan pages: See recent comments, view new fans, monitor how many new likes you’ve received and see general page metrics.
- Create ads: Set the targeting specifics, design the creative and specify your budget.
- Monitor ads’ performances: View the Ad metrics for ads from multiple campaigns. This includes relevance scores, the cost per conversion, the ad’s reach and much more.
- Grant and deny access to your team: Assign certain campaigns and Ads to individual members of your marketing team or hand over the reigns to an agency. In either case you control just how much access they have.
All you need to do is sign up.
3. What are the benefits?
What a question! There are many.
- Efficient management system: Everything is accessible from one place. Sign in to one platform and instantly have access to all of your ad accounts. You can see the campaigns, ads, comments on each ad, and more.
- Increased control: You can easily see who (agencies or individuals) has access to which accounts and you can grant or deny access to people at any point.
- Privacy: You can sign up to the business manager using your work email and you don’t need to be friends with somebody on Facebook to grant them access. As a result you can keep all your personal pictures and posts on Facebook to yourself, and your personal and professional lives can remain separate.
4. Why should I use it?
This question has probably answered itself by now, but if not, you need to get on board with the business manager as it will allow you to run more organised, streamlined marketing campaigns.
When you want to remove users you no longer have to faff around changing email passwords. You can see in a glimpse which of your ad campaigns are active and who has access to them. Plus this service is free.
5. How do I sign up?
All you have to do is go to www.business.facebook.com and sign up. From there you can start to add accounts to your manager and you’ll be a-for-away.